Local Planning and Support Dollars (LPSD) are provided through the State of Colorado General Funds.
(These contracts can be combined with MCH funds for certain LPHAs)
- State Fiscal Year July 1 - June 30.
- This funding is formula funded and non competitive.
- This funding is paid out in quarterly disbursements.
- This funding is the largest and least restrictive; it is meant to support the Core Public Health Services.
- Funding Formula Resource: State Board of Health Feb 2022 Meeting Minutes
- Original Task Orders are completed every 5 years. Current original Task Order is FY22-23
- Non original task order years (2 - 4) are amendments or option letters to the originals task orders.
- Option Letters do not require the LPHA to sign since no SOW changes are made.
- Amendments do require LPHA to sign since SOW is being changed.
- This contract is signed through DocuSign.
- Annual Survey
- FY24 renewals were completed with a start date of 7/1/2023.
Current SOW Project Description:
- "Local public health agencies are essential to the provision of quality and comprehensive public health services throughout the state and are critical partners with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment in maintaining a strong public health system. Each local public health agency shall assure the provision of Core Public Health Services, which includes Maternal and Child Health (MCH), within their jurisdiction. The scope of the provision of each Core Public Health Service is determined at the local level, and may differ across agencies based on community needs, priorities, funding and capacity. The Office of Public Health Practice, Planning, and Local Partnerships (OPHP) and the local public health agency are accountable in assuring state moneys are being used effectively to provide Core Public Health Services."