OPHP CHAPS support staff are here to help you and your communities through the community health assessment and planning process.
Contact us the following ways:
- OPHP team, email@example.com
- OPHP data and epidemiology support, firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether you are new to CHAPS or you are a seasoned planner, connect with us to learn more about CHAPS, ask questions about your process, share locally developed tools and resources and learn about how others do this work around the state.
Our support is based on your needs. Here are some examples of areas that we provide coaching on:
- Learning more about the CHAPS phases and requirements
- Determining the scope of your process, the resources needed, and establishing a timeline for completion
- Identification and recruitment of stakeholders and recommendations for stakeholder engagement
- Data collection, analysis and interpretation (quantitative and qualitative)
- Presentation of data and how to use data to advocate for new resources or services
- Determining the scope of your capacity assessment and how to use the results in prioritization and planning
- Development and facilitation of a prioritization processes, including identifying a facilitator and engaging community members
- Development of meaningful action plans that include evidence-based strategies and best practices
- Selecting measurable objectives for your plan
- Development of a plan for evaluation and performance measurement
- Support in communicating your final plan and promoting community and partner engagement
- Support in finding additional resources to carry out the process and/or implement the public health improvement plan
You can also expect to hear from us through our CHAPS networking calls and outreach, in-person workshops and through presentations at conferences such as the annual Public Health in the Rockies. View our calendar of events to see dates for upcoming calls and conferences.