About the Workforce Funding:
This is a one time funding that has been disbursed equally among the LPHAs and additionally has been awarded to specific LPHAs that applied to work with a specific Community Based Organization (CBO). Both the LPHA and CBO funds came from this Workforce Funding but are two separate funds within the Workforce Funding. See below for specifics on both funding timelines
Funding Time Period:
- May 1, 2022 - June 30, 2024
About the Workforce Funding for LPHAs:
The CDC Supplemental Workforce Funding aims to establish, expand, train and sustain the state, tribal, local and territorial (STLT) public health workforce to support jurisdictional COVID-19 prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery initiatives. Public health agencies shall use available funding to recruit, hire, and train personnel to address projected jurisdictional COVID-19 response needs over the performance period, including hiring personnel (see Allowable Costs section in the Roadmap) to build capacity to address local public health priorities deriving from COVID-19.
- CDC Workforce Post Award Meeting 6.8.2022
- Funding Office Hour Slides
- CDC Workforce Award 2022 Presentation
See resource materials below:
Deliverables (per SOW):
- Final budget and staff plan due 30 days after PO execution
- Attend Post Award meeting (September 19, 2022)
- Mid-year report (November 30, 2022)
- Progress Report (June 15, 2023, November 30, 2023 & June 15, 2024)
- For final report, complete the progress report above, check the box "Final"
- Complete the final report within 60 days of spend down and no later than June 15, 2024.
- After the final report is submitted no further reporting is required and the 4th and final payment will be disbursed.
- Link to PDF of Progress Report if needed before submitting.
- 1st payment sent once final budget and staff plan approved
- 2nd payment once mid-year progress report submitted
- 3rd payment once June 2023 progress report submitted (final report for those who did not extend)
- 4th payment once the final report is submitted (see instructions above in bold)